Position: Lead Receptionist
Objective: To guarantee that the guest’s experience while visiting is unique and unforgettable and to help the SPA Manager create a comitted, organized and professional SPA team.
Purpose: Responsible of directing all efforts towards guest satisfaction, the achievement and maintenance of the Spa standards and profit maximization.
- From 25 to 40 years old
- Prior Spa experience is ideal, prior experience in a customer-oriented atmosphere, preferably a hospitality field.
- Basic knowledge of a computer keyboard.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are a must.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Excellent level of english, other languages will be greatly appreciated.
- Knowledge of SPA software greatly appreciated.
- Flexible working hours
- High sense of responsability
- Able to work under pressure
- Schedule all spa services (via telephone and in person) in an efficient manner to maximize associate productivity.
- Promote and sell all spa services using direct questioning and listening to the needs of each guest.
- Maintain work area in a neat and clean manner at all times. This includes reception area, reservations office, concierge desk and work folders.
- Participate in maintaining neatness of service waiting areas including Front Lobby, Waiting Area , RelaxationArea, and Locker Rooms. Remove used towels, stock vanity supplies, clean lockers, and general trash pick up.
- Meet and greet each guest as they enter the spa. Verify the guest’s schedule, and orient the guest to the spa facilities and other amenities, obtain payment method upon exit, always request next appointment time.
- Be fluent and knowledgeable about spa services, prices, facilities and other campus activities.
- Oversee a guest’s visit to the Spa. Specific tasks may include giving tours of the spa, answering questions, and escorting the guest to the Relaxation Room.
- Work towards the needs and wants of the guest during their stay.
- Always help maintain the locker rooms and all waiting areas. Monitor the safe use of the saunas and steam rooms.
- Promote and sell spa gift certificates and home-care.
- Guarantee that all e-mail requirements are answered within 24 hours and follow up on all reservations made via e-mail or internet.
- Properly bill guest accounts for spa services received and merchandise that is purchased.
- Credit accounts as needed due to errors in billing, master account transfers or guest dissatisfaction.
- Verify correct billing for the day via end of shift reports.
- Balance and maintain a cash bank.
- Perform daily cash drop in accordance with accounting policy.
- Properly use authority within given guidelines to do anything to keep our guests happy.
- Inform managers of ways to improve overall operation of the spa, your working experience and the comforts of our guests.
- Make sure that at the end of our interaction with the guest a Quality Service questionnaire has been filled and that proper follow up to guest comments is given.
- Report any special situations to manager.
- In charge of the storage and inventory of all professional and retail products, keeping in check the par stock and providing the therapist with all they might need for their treatments.
- Assist other departments whenever necessary (and available).
- Attend all training sessions, learning new skills and refining current skills to be used in the performance of their job.
- When the manager is away, help with the elaboration of personnel schedule, payroll, purchase orders and inventories.
- Serve as Coach for new personnel joining the Reception or SPA team.
- Perform any reasonable tasks assigned by supervisor or manager.
- The Spa functions 13 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. All employees must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to change an associate from their usual shift as business needs change.
- At times due to lack of business, it may be necessary to reduce technician hours or give free days without salary benefits.
- Services are currently offered from 9 am- 8pm with up to 8-hour shifts during this time period. This may change based on business needs.
- Weekend work schedules are a part of this position.